Articles on this Page
- 07/23/14--21:00: _Ron's Speakeasy (re...
- 07/23/14--20:30: _Here's To My Friend...
- 07/23/14--19:00: _Artrocker (repeat)
- 07/23/14--18:00: _Free Lab Radio (rep...
- 07/25/14--19:00: _Sonic Blind Dates (...
- 07/25/14--18:00: _Baba Yaga's Hut (re...
- 07/25/14--16:30: _The Gravy (repeat)
- 07/25/14--15:30: _Flomotion
- 07/25/14--14:30: _(...) Such A Nice R...
- 07/25/14--14:00: _Kitchen Magic Time
- 07/25/14--13:00: _Balling the Jack
- 07/25/14--12:00: _Clear Spot
- 07/25/14--11:00: _Literary London
- 07/25/14--09:30: _The Sound Projector...
- 07/25/14--09:00: _Daniel Ruiz Tizon i...
- 07/25/14--08:00: _The Curtain Up Show
- 07/25/14--05:00: _Live from Port Elio...
- 07/25/14--04:00: _Baba Yaga's Hut
- 07/25/14--03:00: _From The Archives
- 07/25/14--02:00: _Alternative Radio
- 07/23/14--21:00: Ron's Speakeasy (repeat)
- 07/23/14--20:30: Here's To My Friends (repeat)
- 07/23/14--19:00: Artrocker (repeat)
- 07/23/14--18:00: Free Lab Radio (repeat)
- 07/25/14--19:00: Sonic Blind Dates (repeat)
- 07/25/14--18:00: Baba Yaga's Hut (repeat)
- 07/25/14--16:30: The Gravy (repeat)
- 07/25/14--15:30: Flomotion
- 07/25/14--14:30: (...) Such A Nice Radio Show
- 07/25/14--14:00: Kitchen Magic Time
- 07/25/14--13:00: Balling the Jack
- 07/25/14--12:00: Clear Spot
- 07/25/14--11:00: Literary London
- 07/25/14--09:30: The Sound Projector Radio Show
- 07/25/14--09:00: Daniel Ruiz Tizon is Available (repeat)
- 07/25/14--08:00: The Curtain Up Show
- 07/25/14--05:00: Live from Port Eliot Festival
- 07/25/14--04:00: Baba Yaga's Hut
- 07/25/14--03:00: From The Archives
- 07/25/14--02:00: Alternative Radio
[Repeated from Saturday 3.30pm.] Promoter Ron Chisholm talks about his career and plays music from artists he has championed over the years. Starting with the 100 Club and Dingwalls in the 1980s, through to nights at The Amersham Arms in the 1990s and on to his current project, Ron's Speakeasy at The Duke in Deptford, Ron has a wealth of insight into London's live music scene.
[Repeated from Tuesday 7.30pm.]A radio documentary about Irish balladeer Jim Burke produced by Emmett Glynn. Originally broadcast 27 May 2013.
[Repeated from Monday 5pm.] Paul Cox from the influential Artrocker magazine previews all the latest releases from London and the UK's thriving indie rock scene and beyond. Visit the Artrocker website http://www.artrocker.tv/ for more information. To listen to past shows visit Paul's Mixcloud page.
[Repeated from Saturday 11pm.] Sound Art Dance Music Radio presented by Fari Bradley. Who doesn't like singing along in the car? A mix of obscure and guilty pleasure, lyric-laden tracks for the discerning listener, who sings in the shower. Visit http://www.freelabradio.blogspot.com or https://www.facebook.com/FreeLabRadio for more information.
[Repeated from Tuesday 4pm.] An experiment in shared listening, with Sophie Mallett: everything on the show is new to her ears, and hopefully to yours too. This week's show features Zimbabwean music from The Four Brothers, the soundtrack to "Distant Voices, Still Lives," The Beachniks, Tijuana brass bands, risque English folk songs and a record that promises to improve your lovemaking.
[Repeated from Friday 12noon.] Everything from Krautrock, 60’s psych and crime-jazz to baile-funk, progressive rock, blaxploitation soundtracks, no-wave disco, ghetto-tech and free noise with concert promoter Anthony Chalmers of Baba Yaga's Hut, a live night mainly taking place at Corsica Studios. For more information visit his Facebook page.
[Repeated from Monday 10.30pm.] New electronic music, house and techno, hosted by Will Ward and Patrick Savile. Tonight: regular guest host Glowing Palms presents synth funk, proto house and powerful boogie claps including the trademark robotic voices. Tonight is a roller disco special with loads of classics from the rinks including the Bar-Keys, From Nucleus and the Deele. Get hip to the jive! Visit http://thegravy.co for more information.
The world's best new electronic dance music - from electronica to jazz and beyond - with Nick Luscombe. Visit flomotionradio.com for more information. [Repeated Thursday 1am.]
60 minutes in the eye of a radiophonic vortex - hosted by the Band of Holy Joy. Visit www.bandofholyjoy.co.uk for more information. [Repeated Tuesday 12 midnight.]
Blues and more with Joe Cushley. [Repeated Sunday 12 noon.]
A sonic journey through the entire series of “Collages” by Juan Carlos Vasquez, digital sonic portraits of composers such as Ludwing Van Beethoven, Johann Sebastian Bach, Erik Satie and more. The “Collages” series is a sonic application of British painter JMW Turner’s technique to use layers of colours and textures to turn everyday landscape into powerful and expressive oneiric fantasies. [Repeated Monday 9am.]
Nick Hennegan explores the literary life of London and celebrates the popular cultural life and literary history of the city. [Repeated Wednesday 7am.]
An "aural appendix" to The Sound Projector Music Magazine, presented by Ed Pinsent. Tonight: newish records from June and July 2014, also older items from around October 2013. Names in the roster include: KK Null + The Noiser; Eric Cordier & Jean Luc Guionnet; Maeror Tri; Astro Sonic; The Static Memories; Lettow / Erel duo; Andrew Raffo Dewar; HHY & The Macumbas; Paul Baran; Period; Music For Hard Times; The International Nothing; Rutsubo; and Candor Chasma. Visit http://www.thesoundprojector.com/radio-show/ for more information. [Repeated Wednesday 1am.]
[Repeated from Monday 10pm.] Writer and comedian Daniel Ruiz Tizon, a man on his fifth nose and writer-director of acclaimed Resonance 104.4fm series "The Letter," is, he’d like the world to know, Available. This week, he gives us his latest Nectar Points update. Has he emerged from his prolonged store points slump?
Tim McArthur, Nathan Matthews and guests discuss London's thriving theatre scene. Today their guests are Graham Butler from "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" at the Gielgud Theatre; and Jamie Muscato and Laura Jane Matthewson from "Dogfight" at the Southwark Playhouse, along with the production’s producer, Danielle Tarento. Visit http://thecurtainupshow.wordpress.com/ for more information. [Repeated Sunday 11am.]
Resonance104.4fm broadcasts live from Port Eliot Festival in Cornwall over the next three days, talking to artists, musicians and writers at the festival and presenting live performances. Today: 1pm - 2pm, The Relatively Good Radio Show (feat. Lilly and Meg); 2pm - 2.30pm, Very Loose Women (feat. Shazia Mirza); 2.30pm - 3pm, Five Dials: Sam Riviere, Jack Underwood and other poets from the Five Dials stage; 3pm - 4pm, The Nest Collective Hour.
Everything from Krautrock, 60’s psych and crime-jazz to baile-funk, progressive rock, blaxploitation soundtracks, no-wave disco, ghetto-tech and free noise with concert promoter Anthony Chalmers of Baba Yaga's Hut, a live night mainly taking place at Corsica Studios. For more information visit his Facebook page. [Repeated Saturday 2am.]
Audio from the extensive archives of Resonance 107.3 fm (1998), Resonance104.4fm (2002 to the present) and London Musicians' Collective (from c. 1983 to c. 2007). [Repeated Tuesday 2am.]
Alternative Radio, established in 1986, is a weekly one-hour public affairs program offered free to all public radio stations in the US, Canada, Europe and beyond. AR provides information, analyses and views that are frequently ignored or distorted in other media. [Repeated Thursday 5am.]