Articles on this Page
- 11/06/12--13:30: _Wolf Fifth
- 11/06/12--13:00: _The Circled A
- 11/06/12--12:00: _Clear Spot
- 11/06/12--11:00: _Studio Visit
- 11/06/12--10:30: _Out In South London
- 11/06/12--09:30: _A Colder Consciousness
- 11/06/12--09:00: _Accounts
- 11/06/12--08:30: _Sanskriti
- 11/06/12--08:00: _A.I.L - artists in ...
- 11/06/12--07:00: _Isotopica
- 11/06/12--06:00: _Novara
- 11/06/12--05:00: _The Nest Collective...
- 11/06/12--04:00: _Radio Eco Shock
- 11/06/12--03:00: _Henry Scott Irvine ...
- 11/06/12--02:00: _Nostalgie Ya Mboka ...
- 11/06/12--01:00: _Clear Spot (repeat)
- 11/06/12--00:00: _framework (repeat)
- 11/05/12--23:00: _Enemies of Good Art...
- 11/05/12--22:30: _Kitchen Magic Time ...
- 11/05/12--22:00: _Speakers Corner (re...
- 11/06/12--13:30: Wolf Fifth
- 11/06/12--13:00: The Circled A
- 11/06/12--12:00: Clear Spot
- 11/06/12--11:00: Studio Visit
- 11/06/12--10:30: Out In South London
- 11/06/12--09:30: A Colder Consciousness
- 11/06/12--09:00: Accounts
- 11/06/12--08:30: Sanskriti
- 11/06/12--08:00: A.I.L - artists in laboratories
- 11/06/12--07:00: Isotopica
- 11/06/12--06:00: Novara
- 11/06/12--05:00: The Nest Collective Hour
- 11/06/12--04:00: Radio Eco Shock
- 11/06/12--03:00: Henry Scott Irvine Presents (repeat)
- 11/06/12--02:00: Nostalgie Ya Mboka (repeat)
- 11/06/12--01:00: Clear Spot (repeat)
- 11/06/12--00:00: framework (repeat)
- 11/05/12--23:00: Enemies of Good Art (repeat)
- 11/05/12--22:30: Kitchen Magic Time (repeat)
- 11/05/12--22:00: Speakers Corner (repeat)
Classical, avant-garde and modernist composition, presented by Luuk de Weert. Extended Voices. The use of the human voice in an untraditional way.
- Stockhausen - Stimmung
- Oliveros - Sound Patterns
- Ashley - She Was A Visitor
- Cage - Solos for Voice 2
- Ichyanagi - Extended Voices
- Lucier - North American Time Capsule 1967
- Berio - Sequenza III
- Schnebel - Choralvorspiele I
- Parmegiani - Ponomatopées
Weekly discussion of anarchism.
30 Minutes of Listening.
Artist Mark Peter Wright will be in conversation with IMT Gallery curator Mark Jackson. The pair will discuss Wright’s current solo exhibition (30 Minutes of Listening) and broadcast a mix of field recordings and text-based readings.
About the Exhibition:
How site-specific can listening ever be?
30 Minutes of Listening is a unique exhibition by award-winning UK artist Mark Peter Wright. Reimaging how we listen to and perceive place, the works presented draw specific inspiration and focus from the area South Gare: a designated site of special scientific interest in Redcar, Cleveland UK. Taking one 30-minute period of listening in South Gare as its point of departure, the exhibition proposes possible ways of experiencing time and space in relation to this singular moment. Through film, sound, photography, objects and text, Wright examines the dialectical nature of listening and its potential to transgress both physical and mental territories of place and self.
Running from November 2nd to December 2nd at IMT Gallery, London.
The Clear Spot is our "open access" programme. If you'd like to make a programme send an e-mail -(subject line - Clear Spot) to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Writer Morgan Quaintance visits artists in their studios and peels back the layers of praxis...
LGBT magazine show with live guests, reviews, news and music presented by comedian Rosie Wilby.
‘Wilby has a fine voice and manner for radio… a bright, strong show’ – Elisabeth Mahoney, The GuardianRosie will be on the phone talking to singer Krystle Warren in Brighton. She is touring the UK and playing at the Soho Theatre on 7th November. In the studio: Francis Alexander, artistic director of SACRED, a season of contemporary performance at Chelsea Theatre.
A Colder Consciousness
Handpicked European Coldwave from the late 1970s and early 1980s. Curated by Flora Pitrolo and Giuseppe Mistretta. Presented by Flora Pitrolo.
In this half hour programme commissioned by Artquest (www.artquest.org.uk), Joanna Callaghan talks to artists, curators and arts workers about how the current economic landscape is impacting artists and arts organisations and the possibilities for the future.
Today focues on Francis Martin, a self taught painter and a welder by trade (http://franmartin-artist.blogspot.com).
Topical English/Hindu 1/2 hour
Every week, on Artists in Laboratories, Régine Debatty discusses with an artist, a hacker, a designer or a scientist about creative ways to explore science and technology.
Our guest today is Neal White, an Associate Professor of Art and Media at Bournemouth University and the head of the Office of Experiments. The OoE uses a strategy called Overt Research to explore and document places of scientific secrecy and technology that are – on purpose or not – concealed from public view. The Office of Experiments also organizes critical excursions where members of the public are taken on a bus tour to discover and study these 'Dark Places' from up close.
Our conversation will focus on the tour the group recently made in West London.
Sonic detours with Simon Tyszko. This week, its all rather jolly. Dudley Sutton, on fine form, reaches soviet union, puts world to rights.
A weekly show discussing political theory, practice and aesthetics.
An hour of contemporary folk music.
"The torch-bearing folk club for the new generation" The Times
"An Innovative Folk Club" Vogue UK
"Quite A Famous Folk Club" BBC6
"The Nest spares no expense" Time Out
For more information contact Sam@thenestcollective.co.uk
Environmental news with Alex Smith.
Repeated from last Saturday afternoon. Classic Congolese dance music with Vincent Luttman.
Repeated from last night.
Repeated from last Sunday. Exemplary field recordings from around the world with Patrick McGinley.
Repeated from last Thursday. Contemporary feminist discussion.
Repeated from last Wednesday. Freeform audio exotica with Mama Dolores.
Free speech from the London landmark. Repeated from last Sunday.