Articles on this Page
- 12/14/12--11:00: _Little Atoms
- 12/14/12--09:30: _The Sound Projector
- 12/14/12--09:00: _Art Monthly Monthly
- 12/14/12--08:00: _Isotopica (repeat)
- 12/14/12--07:30: _Technical Difficulties
- 12/14/12--06:30: _Wavelength
- 12/14/12--06:00: _Sound Out
- 12/14/12--05:00: _Calling All Pensioners
- 12/14/12--04:00: _The Curtain Up Show
- 12/14/12--03:00: _Bermuda Triangle Te...
- 12/14/12--02:00: _The Nest Collective...
- 12/14/12--01:00: _Clear Spot (repeat)
- 12/14/12--00:00: _The Opera Hour (rep...
- 12/13/12--23:00: _Talking Africa (rep...
- 12/13/12--22:30: _Accounts (repeat)
- 12/13/12--21:30: _Oto Broadcast (repeat)
- 12/13/12--21:00: _L'alternative
- 12/13/12--20:30: _The Circled A (repeat)
- 12/15/12--23:00: _Isotopica (repeat)
- 12/15/12--22:30: _This Music Wins (re...
- 12/14/12--11:00: Little Atoms
- 12/14/12--09:30: The Sound Projector
- 12/14/12--09:00: Art Monthly Monthly
- 12/14/12--08:00: Isotopica (repeat)
- 12/14/12--07:30: Technical Difficulties
- 12/14/12--06:30: Wavelength
- 12/14/12--06:00: Sound Out
- 12/14/12--05:00: Calling All Pensioners
- 12/14/12--04:00: The Curtain Up Show
- 12/14/12--03:00: Bermuda Triangle Test Transmission (repeat)
- 12/14/12--02:00: The Nest Collective Hour (repeat)
- 12/14/12--01:00: Clear Spot (repeat)
- 12/14/12--00:00: The Opera Hour (repeat)
- 12/13/12--23:00: Talking Africa (repeat)
- 12/13/12--22:30: Accounts (repeat)
- 12/13/12--21:30: Oto Broadcast (repeat)
- 12/13/12--21:00: L'alternative
- 12/13/12--20:30: The Circled A (repeat)
- 12/15/12--23:00: Isotopica (repeat)
- 12/15/12--22:30: This Music Wins (repeat)
Little Atoms is a talk show about ideas. Produced and presented by Neil Denny and Padraig Reidy, each show features a guest from the worlds of science, journalism, politics, academia, human rights or the arts in conversation.
Delayed form last week - Ed Pinsent presents another installment in his "timegate" series. The year will be 2003. In scope are records by the following, though they might not all appear in the final cut: Ashtray Navigations, Idea Fire Company, Merzbow, Old Man Gloom, The SB, Yellow Swans, Zdrastvootie, Andrew Kotting / Jem Finer, Aki Onda, Tart, Peaches, The Vitamin B12, Lasse Marhaug, Led Zeppelin, Hans-Joachim Irmler, and Fennesz.
Matt Hale is joined by writers published in the December January 2012/13 double month edition of "Art Monthly" magazine, talking about their reviews and features. Likely subjects are outdoor art, the Occupy movement, and Aspen Magazine from the 60's/70's.
Sonic detours with Simon Tyszko
Insights into the disability with Tim Abbott. Today Caro C, intuitive artist, engineer and facilitator in sound joins Tim from Manchester to chart her path through injury and recovery and the art it spawned. More from her at www.carocsound.com
You can contact Tim through www.lightchronicles.info
Wavelength has been described as a programme without an agenda but this is untrue.
Wavelength consists of multiple agendas - sound art experiments, concrete poetry, documentary, cultural criticism and reporting.
More seasonal music this week from sometime street musician Fakto (Ade Fatona) and his partner Lisa. Plus raw recordings of Shirley Ann Lee; Songs of Light, (Michigan 1967/69) issued recently on the Numerophon label, an LP based on an unaired Shirley Ann Lee Radio Hour: revival of an unheralded gospel giant.
Presented by Carole Finer who this week plays tracks from the CDs given to her by some really great artists during 2012. Expect a wide variety of sounds - contemporary, jazz, pop and traditional.
Tim Hamilton discusses issues that primarily affect OAPs.
For the last show before Christmas, Tim McArthur is joined in the studio by guests from the first two series for ALADDIN - A RADIO PANTO! Featuring, live music and lots of silliness, Tim is taking on the role of Widow Twankey, and is joined by Shona White as Aladdin, David McMullan as Wishee Washee, Miles Western as Abanazar, Sam Buttery as Genie, Katie Kerr as Princess Mei-Li, Gemma Beaton as Luli, Ellen Verenieks as Slave of the Ring, Josh Rochford as Emperor, Danielle Tarento as Officer Nee and Andrew Keates as Officer Na. http://thecurtainupshow.wordpress.com/
Repeated from Thursday 23:00 GMT
"...the soundtrack to the end of the world" Chris Maume, The Independent http://btttb.blogspot.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Repeated from Tuesday afternoon. An hour of contemporary folk music (usually with Sam Lee). Abi Wade is live. Guest host is Jamie Doe aka Magic Lantern.
Repeated from last night. Daniel Biro presents the first of an occasional series of special broadcasts devoted to independent record label Sargasso, which he founded twenty years ago. This programme is dedicated to the late Jonathan Harvey and focuses on his 2008 release 'Other Presences' featuring Markus Stockhausen.
Repeated from Thursday afternoon. With Richard Scott. 'Opera singer Richard Scott explores opera through the prism of various themes - politics, power, greed, the abominable, magic, lust, comedy. On today's show it's Christmas! What do The Three Tenors, Joni Mitchell, The Sixteen, Benjamin Britten, Paul Hillier, Diana Ross, Judy Garland and Alec Guiness all have in common? They're all on The Opera Hour Christmas Special of course!
Repeated from Thursday afternoon. African affairs with Sony Decker. The Institute for Democratic Governance, IDEG, was mainly responsible for monitoring the conduct of this year's presidential and parliamentary elections in Ghana, and for the first time. Its executive Director Dr Emmanuel Akwetey, talks to Talking Africa's Sonny Decker about IDEG's experiences in monitoring the conduct of the elections and how it dealt with challenging voting issues.
Repeated from Tuesday afternoon. Artists face the cuts/
Repeated from Wednesday night.
Repeated from last Sunday.
Repeated from Tuesday night. Anarchist discussion show.
Repeated from Tuesday afternoon. Sound art with Simon Tyszko.
Repeated from Saturday evening. New music with Peter Lanceley.