Articles on this Page
- 04/10/14--08:30: _The Opera Hour
- 04/10/14--07:30: _Sonic Blind Dates
- 04/10/14--07:00: _L'alternative
- 04/10/14--06:00: _The Traditional Mus...
- 04/10/14--05:00: _Talking Africa
- 04/10/14--04:00: _Rough Trade Shops' ...
- 04/10/14--03:30: _The Workplace
- 04/10/14--03:00: _Panel Borders (repeat)
- 04/10/14--02:00: _Wanted (repeat)
- 04/10/14--01:00: _Clear Spot (repeat)
- 04/10/14--00:00: _Soundhub (repeat)
- 04/09/14--23:00: _The Naked Short Clu...
- 04/09/14--22:00: _Radio Ecoshock (rep...
- 04/11/14--21:00: _Bermuda Triangle Te...
- 04/11/14--20:00: _Sleeping Dogs Lie (...
- 04/11/14--19:00: _Sonic Blind Dates (...
- 04/11/14--18:00: _Baba Yaga's Hut (re...
- 04/11/14--16:30: _The Gravy (repeat)
- 04/11/14--15:30: _Flomotion
- 04/11/14--14:30: _(...) Such A Nice R...
- 04/10/14--08:30: The Opera Hour
- 04/10/14--07:30: Sonic Blind Dates
- 04/10/14--07:00: L'alternative
- 04/10/14--06:00: The Traditional Music Hour
- 04/10/14--05:00: Talking Africa
- 04/10/14--04:00: Rough Trade Shops' Counter Culture Radio
- 04/10/14--03:30: The Workplace
- 04/10/14--03:00: Panel Borders (repeat)
- 04/10/14--02:00: Wanted (repeat)
- 04/10/14--01:00: Clear Spot (repeat)
- 04/10/14--00:00: Soundhub (repeat)
- 04/09/14--23:00: The Naked Short Club (repeat)
- 04/09/14--22:00: Radio Ecoshock (repeat)
- 04/11/14--21:00: Bermuda Triangle Test Transmission Broadcasts (repeat)
- 04/11/14--20:00: Sleeping Dogs Lie (repeat)
- 04/11/14--19:00: Sonic Blind Dates (repeat)
- 04/11/14--18:00: Baba Yaga's Hut (repeat)
- 04/11/14--16:30: The Gravy (repeat)
- 04/11/14--15:30: Flomotion
- 04/11/14--14:30: (...) Such A Nice Radio Show
Opera singer Richard Scott explores opera through the prism of various themes. [Repeated Monday 10am.]
Sophie Mallett explores music which she has never heard before - until now. [Repeated Saturday 3am.]
Eleonore Desnos explores continental oddities and delights "a la carte". [Repeated Tuesday 6pm.]
Reg Hall and Kevin Sheils (on alternate weeks) present an informed and judicious selection of recordings of traditional musics from Britain, Ireland and occasionally further afield. [Repeated Monday 12noon.]
A magazine show covering African development issues hosted by Sonny Decker. Today: Richard Lee, Communications Manager at the Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa talks about the issues surrounding the elections in South Africa, Malawi, Botswana and Mozambique. [Repeated Tuesday 6am.]
Staff of Rough Trade Shops share a unique selection of vinyl and compact discs pulled from the week's new releases: careful consideration is given to the ears of Rough Trade acolytes and Resonance listeners alike. Visit http://www.roughtrade.com/ for more information. [Repeated Saturday 6am.]
N.N. Dee and guests talk about a subject dear to all our hearts... work and workplaces. Today: How To Get A Career in International Development with Jonathan Lingham, Senior Management Team Member at Plan International (UK) and Non-Executive Board Member - John Lewis Foundation at John Lewis gives tips on how to get into an area of work that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others. [Repeated Monday 4pm.]
[Repeated from Monday 4.30pm.]
Alex Fitch explores the art and culture of comics and graphic novels with practitioners worldwide. Today Alex talks to Jim McCarthy about writing graphic biographies of musicians and groups such as Kurt Cobain, Michael Jackson, The Ramones and Metallica. Recorded at Cartoon County, Brighton, January 2014.
Visit panelborders.wordpress.com for more information.
[Repeated from Tuesday 2pm.] Henry Scott-Irvine talks to a range of cultural and counter-cultural figures he has always wanted to meet.
[Repeated from Wednesday 8pm.] "What’s Up With That?", the third of three programmes specially made by students at Ravensbourne. Ever find yourself perplexed, bemused and perhaps a little overwhelmed by life’s day-to-day? "What’s Up With That?" is a variety and discussion show produced by a group of keen university students that closely analyses the oddities of Western life in a critical and somewhat humorous fashion.
[Repeated from Tuesday 9.30pm]. Soundhub brings together a diverse range of music creators based at LSO Soundhub to talk all things composition.
[Repeated from Monday 9pm.] An hour of loose talk about hedge funds and the state of the world (with no promotional agenda, no commercial intent), plus sweet poetry and heady music, hosted by Dr. Stu, winner of the Hedge Funds Review 2011 Special Award for Outstanding Industry Contribution.
[Repeated from Tuesday 1pm.]
Global environmental news with Alex Smith. This week: wetter & warmer, the World Meteorological report for 2013. Norwegian investment fund shorts solar in India and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change press briefing Yokohama, Japan. Is optimism possible?
Visit http://www.ecoshock.org/ for more information. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Repeated from Thursday 11pm.] "The soundtrack to the end of the world" - Chris Maume, The Independent. Visit http://btttb.blogspot.com/ for more information and/or contact email@example.com.
[Repeated from Friday 12midnight.] Ambient music for the wee hours, selected by Miguel Santos.
[Repeated from Thursday 3.30pm.] Sophie Mallett explores music which she has never heard before - until now.
[Repeated from Friday 12noon.] Everything from Krautrock, 60’s psych and crime-jazz to baile-funk, progressive rock, blaxploitation soundtracks, no-wave disco, ghetto-tech and free noise with concert promoter Anthony Chalmers of Baba Yaga's Hut, a live night mainly taking place at Corsica Studios. For more information visit his Facebook page.
[Repeated from Monday 10.30pm.]
New electronic music, house and techno, hosted by Will Ward and Patrick Savile. This week Will and Patrick are joined by Charlee Brown from 3 Feet Hi to talk about launching new club nights in New York, London and Berlin. Charlee will also be letting you know what to expect with an exclusive mix.
Visit http://thegravy.co for more information.
The world's best new electronic dance music - from electronica to jazz and beyond - with Nick Luscombe. Visit flomotionradio.com for more information. [Repeated Thursday 1am.]
60 minutes in the eye of a radiophonic vortex - hosted by the Band of Holy Joy. Visit www.bandofholyjoy.co.uk for more information. [Repeated Tuesday 12 midnight.]