Articles on this Page
- 04/04/14--08:00: _The Curtain Up Show
- 04/04/14--07:45: _Micro Clear Spot
- 04/04/14--06:45: _Wavelength
- 04/04/14--06:00: _Sound Out
- 04/04/14--05:00: _Novara
- 04/04/14--04:00: _Baba Yaga's Hut
- 04/04/14--03:00: _From the Archives
- 04/04/14--02:00: _House Rent Boogie (...
- 04/04/14--01:00: _Clear Spot (repeat)
- 04/04/14--00:00: _The Nest Collective...
- 04/03/14--23:30: _The Vegan Option (r...
- 04/03/14--23:00: _Sensing Cities
- 04/03/14--22:00: _The Rob Simone Talk...
- 04/03/14--21:00: _Isotopica (repeat)
- 04/03/14--20:00: _Drones of Hell (rep...
- 04/05/14--20:00: _Is Black Music (rep...
- 04/05/14--18:30: _Psychosonic Cinema ...
- 04/05/14--17:00: _Adventures in Music...
- 04/05/14--16:00: _Grime for the Uncov...
- 04/05/14--15:00: _Free Lab Radio
- 04/04/14--08:00: The Curtain Up Show
- 04/04/14--07:45: Micro Clear Spot
- 04/04/14--06:45: Wavelength
- 04/04/14--06:00: Sound Out
- 04/04/14--05:00: Novara
- 04/04/14--04:00: Baba Yaga's Hut
- 04/04/14--03:00: From the Archives
- 04/04/14--02:00: House Rent Boogie (repeat)
- 04/04/14--01:00: Clear Spot (repeat)
- 04/04/14--00:00: The Nest Collective Hour (repeat)
- 04/03/14--23:30: The Vegan Option (repeat)
- 04/03/14--23:00: Sensing Cities
- 04/03/14--22:00: The Rob Simone Talk Show (repeat)
- 04/03/14--21:00: Isotopica (repeat)
- 04/03/14--20:00: Drones of Hell (repeat)
- 04/05/14--20:00: Is Black Music (repeat)
- 04/05/14--18:30: Psychosonic Cinema (repeat)
- 04/05/14--17:00: Adventures in Music and Sound (repeat)
- 04/05/14--16:00: Grime for the Uncoverted (repeat)
- 04/05/14--15:00: Free Lab Radio
Tim McArthur, Nathan Matthews and guests discuss London's thriving theatre scene. Today’s guests are Valerie Cutko & Richard Dawes from Orton at the Above The Stag Theatre; Robert J Sherman from A Spoonful of Sherman at the St James Theatre; and Niamh Perry and Ben Kerr from The Beautiful Game at the Union Theatre. Visit http://thecurtainupshow.wordpress.com/ for more information. [Repeated Sunday 11am.]
Short form one-off works for radio. [Repeated Monday 8.45am.]
A programme of multiple agendas presented by William English. Today's guest is video artist and illustrator Maxwell Paternoster. Visit williamenglish.comfor more information or contact email@example.com. [Repeated Sunday 9am.]
Carole Finer presents a range of live music guests - from contemporary classical avant-garde to American old-time - and sometimes her own field recordings from her travels round the world. Today: Walter Cardew, son of Cornelius Cardew performs live with his band The Walter Cardew Group. [Repeated Monday 8am.]
Hosted by James Butler and Aaron Bastani, a discussion show dedicated to political theory, current affairs and aesthetics. Find Novara Media on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. All previous shows are available at novaramedia.com. [Repeated Monday 7am.]
Everything from Krautrock, 60’s psych and crime-jazz to baile-funk, progressive rock, blaxploitation soundtracks, no-wave disco, ghetto-tech and free noise with concert promoter Anthony Chalmers of Baba Yaga's Hut, a live night mainly taking place at Corsica Studios. For more information visit his Facebook page. [Repeated Saturday 2am.]
Miscellaneous selections from our archive.
[Repeated from Sunday 12noon.] Alternative blues presented by Nikki Brooks - stretching from the traditional to the current alternative scene, branching out to punk and garage rock and usually with live guests. Today: a session from Miraculous Mule. Visit houserentboogie.wordpress.com for more information.
[Repeated from Thursday 8pm.] Trans-European Success: Adrian Whittaker interviews Rob and Henk from legendary Dutch art-pop group The Nits, who celebrate their 40th anniversary with a rare London gig at Camden’s Jazz Café on 6 April. They talk about their work with Kimmo Kajasto from Finnish soundscapers Rinneradio, percussionist Fritz Hauser and sculptor Arthur Schneiter.
[Repeated from Tuesday 12pm.] An hour of contemporary folk music with Sam Lee, Ceri Wade and Jamie Doe. Visit http://www.thenestcollective.co.uk or
https://www.facebook.com/thenestcollective for more information and/or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Repeated from Tuesday 7.30pm.] The Vegan Option offers science, stories, and analysis from vegan perspectives. Presented by long-term vegan, biochemistry PhD, and former London Underground busker Ian McDonald, each show takes particular story, finds the experts, and takes a range of perspectives.
Sensing Cities investigates the themes of urban exploration and narrative through the use of sound, writing and new media. Produced by Maria Papadomanolaki, it involves brief conversations with artists and people interested in the field in question. Visit sensingcities.wordpress.comfor more information.
[Repeated from Monday midnight.] Interviews with a wide range of alternative thinkers by the Los Angeles-based investigator of anomalous phenomena. Visit http://www.robsimone.com/ for more information.
[Repeated from Tuesday 3pm.] Cultural sonic detours with artist Simon Tyszko. Visit http://www.theculture.net/ for more information.
[Repeated from Sunday 10pm.] Ray Kirby presents an hour of Extreme Metal, featuring tracks old and new from the last three decades. For more information visit http://dronesofhell.blogspot.com.
[Repeated from Wednesday 12midnight.] The world's first Alternative Black Music Show, with Art Terry.
[Repeated from Tuesday 10.30pm.] Renowned Australian soundtrack theorist Philip Brophy presents 90 minutes of loud and luscious soundtrack dynamite! Across 13 episodes, he covers five strains of film music: Electronic Soundscapes; Big Beat Jive; Hard Rock Freak-Out; Funked-Up Grooves; and Atomic Atonality. In all cases, great tracks that speak for themselves!
[Repeated from Thursday 1am.] New music brought to you by the team behind The Wire magazine. Tonight: Daisy Hyde plays new tracks from Yair Elazar Glotman, Karen Gwyer, H, along with extracts from the forthcoming K Leimer reissue, and some Malian Balani Show music. Visit http://www.thewire.co.uk for more information and/or contact email@example.com.
[Repeated from Thursday 12midnight.] Self-explanatory grime showcase... aka DJ BPM's Girlie Grime Time.
Sound Art Dance Music Radio presented by Fari Bradley. Tonight: the latest free releases and experimental tracks including Nostalgia 77, GTA Hoffman, Sophia Mitiku and Natural Self. Visit http://www.freelabradio.blogspot.com or https://www.facebook.com/FreeLabRadio for more information. [Repeated Thursday 2am.]