Articles on this Page
- 10/21/12--09:00: _African Essence
- 10/21/12--08:30: _Speakers Corner
- 10/21/12--08:00: _Music for film
- 10/21/12--07:00: _Till Debt Us Do Par...
- 10/21/12--06:00: _Calling All Pensioners
- 10/23/12--15:00: _Abject Bloc
- 10/23/12--13:30: _Wolf Fifth
- 10/23/12--13:00: _The Circled A
- 10/23/12--12:00: _Clear Spot: Joe Eak...
- 10/23/12--11:00: _Studio Visit
- 10/23/12--10:30: _Out In South London
- 10/23/12--09:30: _A Colder Consciousness
- 10/23/12--09:00: _Accounts
- 10/23/12--08:30: _Sanskriti
- 10/23/12--08:00: _A bit more of a soa...
- 10/23/12--07:00: _Isotopica
- 10/23/12--06:00: _Novara
- 10/23/12--05:00: _The Nest Collective...
- 10/23/12--04:00: _Radio Eco Shock
- 10/23/12--03:00: _Henry Scott Irvine ...
- 10/21/12--09:00: African Essence
- 10/21/12--08:30: Speakers Corner
- 10/21/12--08:00: Music for film
- 10/21/12--07:00: Till Debt Us Do Part - Episode Three
- 10/21/12--06:00: Calling All Pensioners
- 10/23/12--15:00: Abject Bloc
- 10/23/12--13:30: Wolf Fifth
- 10/23/12--13:00: The Circled A
- 10/23/12--12:00: Clear Spot: Joe Eakins Fuzzadelic Garage Hour
- 10/23/12--11:00: Studio Visit
- 10/23/12--10:30: Out In South London
- 10/23/12--09:30: A Colder Consciousness
- 10/23/12--09:00: Accounts
- 10/23/12--08:30: Sanskriti
- 10/23/12--08:00: A bit more of a soap opera...
- 10/23/12--07:00: Isotopica
- 10/23/12--06:00: Novara
- 10/23/12--05:00: The Nest Collective Hour
- 10/23/12--04:00: Radio Eco Shock
- 10/23/12--03:00: Henry Scott Irvine Presents (repeat)
African Essence is truly diverse this week: Seven years since it started, the Africa in Motion Film Festival (25th Oct - 3rd Nov 2012 in Edinburgh & Glasgow) has the theme 'Modern Africa'.
Find out more as we speak to Festival Co-director Natalia Palombo. And we're right on the button this week with an exclusive! Over ten years ago DJ Debbie interviewed a very young and determined artist that shone brightly at a showcase and now she is shining for all to see! Josephine (Oniyama) shares her excitement as she prepares to tour with The Noisettes and play on BBC2's Later with Jules Holland on Tuesday ahead of the release of 'Portrait', her debut album. And, as always, Anne Wanjie and DJ Debbie play right across the African Diaspora music spectrum and bring you the latest African Arts news and what's ons. All playlists and more, including a competition, are on the website www.african-essence.com and you can contact the programme with your related news and new music at firstname.lastname@example.org
Political discourse, debate and pure rhetoric recorded weekly at London's legendary Speakers Corner in Hyde Park.
Sean Gittins (@sean_gittins) is insolvent. As part of an Arts Council funded project he decided to tell people about it and find out why everyone these days, just like him, seems to be in debt and what it might mean.
In this episode Sean talks to Joris Luyendijk from the Guardian's Anthropological study the Banking Blog (http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/joris-luyendijk-banking-blog), BBC film critic Mark Kermode, political musicians the Ex-Senators, CEO of Resonance FM Dr Ed Baxter and Colin McCabe about probably the most political film maker in the history of cinema - Jean Luc Godard.
To find out more visit www.seangittins.co.uk and @sean_gittins.
This show will be archived on http://soundcloud.com/resonance-fm under Til Debt Do Us Part.
Fun and frolics and issues that affect OAPs (and everyone). Presented by Tim Hamilton.
Please visit our website:
Classical, avant-garde and modernist composition, presented by Luuk de Weert.
tribute to the Dutch composer Ton de Leeuw (1926 – 1996)
Claire Obscur – 1982
Antiphonie – 1960
Midare – 1972
String Quartet no.1 – 1957
String Quartet no.2 – 1964
Mountains – 1977
Weekly discussion of anarchism.
Joe Eakins Fuzzadelic Garage Hour!
Writer Morgan Quaintance visits artists in their studios and peels back the layers of praxis...
LGBT magazine show with live guests, reviews, news and music presented by comedian Rosie Wilby. This evening she is joined by North Morgan, author of ‘Exit Through The Wound’ – a book that is also short listed for the Polari Prize. Wendy Baverstock reads Sandi Toksvig’s ‘Valentine Grey’ for us, a story about a girl who – disguised as a man – joins the Boer War in 1897. Also, having seen Sandi Toksvig’s show ‘My Valentine’, she’ll share her thoughts about the book and show with us.
A Colder Consciousness
Handpicked European Coldwave from the late 1970s and early 1980s. Curated by Flora Pitrolo and Giuseppe Mistretta. Presented by Flora Pitrolo.
In this half hour programme commissioned by Artquest (www.artquest.org.uk), Joanna Callaghan talks to artists, curators and arts workers about how the current economic landscape is impacting artists and arts organisations and the possibilities for the future.
Resistance - Alistair Gentry, Market Project
Artist and writer
Works in video, animation, installation, photography, text, performance, sound works, programming, electronics, alternate reality games and various hybrid genres or formats derived from them. These commissions and self-initiated works have been seen and heard in digital media, on radio, television and the stage, in art galleries, at film festivals, in print and on the net. Collaborates with illustrators, set designers, actors, scientists, sociologists, and with other visual or performance artists. Recent works have extensively researched and documented factual backgrounds, using scientific or academic forms and research methods either earnestly or satirically.
Topical English/Hindu 1/2 hour
Soap opera by John Page
Sonic detours with Simon Tyszko
A weekly show discussing political theory, practice and aesthetics.
An hour of contemporary folk music.
"The torch-bearing folk club for the new generation" The Times
"An Innovative Folk Club" Vogue UK
"Quite A Famous Folk Club" BBC6
"The Nest spares no expense" Time Out
For more information contact Sam@thenestcollective.co.uk
Environmental news with Alex Smith.